Inspired by Papa Murphy’s cinnamon pizza, this dessert pizza has all of the goodness of a cinnamon roll! Buttery brown sugar cinnamon spread on top of quick and easy pizza dough and drizzled with a cream cheese glaze will make you go back for seconds!
I love cinnamon desserts. And cinnamon breakfasts. Really, you can never go wrong with adding cinnamon to your list of ingredients! Check out some more of my favorite cinnamon treats like these Quick 45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls, this delicious Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread, or these amazing Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Chips! Trust me, you definitely want to try them all.
What is a Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza?
We love pizza night at our house. And they have been getting more frequent these days because we are so busy! My boys always beg me to make homemade pizza instead of ordering out. But it doesn’t stop with the main course as pizza… they want it for dessert too! And I must say, once you try this out, you will want to make it over and over again!
This dessert pizza has all of the classic signs of a cinnamon roll. The delicious cinnamon taste and yummy cream cheese topping. This pizza dessert, however, takes your cinnamon roll to the next level. The cinnamon mixture has some delicious oats for a heartier texture! Oh, and did I mention that you can make this with simple pizza dough? If you don’t have the time to make cinnamon rolls, this is a great option, not to mention it’s unique and everyone loves it!
Ingredients in Cinnamon Dessert Pizza
It all starts with my quick and easy pizza dough. It only requires 20 minutes of rest time, so you can have your pizza in and out of the oven in no time at all! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements and ingredients.
Cinnamon Sugar Spread
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Brown Sugar: I love adding in brown sugar whenever I can
- Old Fashioned Oats: This is where the pizza gets intersting and takes a turn away from your classic cinnamon rolls. You will love the added taste and texture!
- Cinnamon: This classic spice will give this dessert pizza exaclty the flavor you want.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Butter: Use some more unslated butter in this delicious glaze.
- Cream Cheese: The cream cheese will mix much better and has less lumps if you let it sit out at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
- Powdered Sugar: This dissolves easily and brings a sweet taste to counteract the tangy cream cheese.
- Vanilla Extract: I love adding in a splash of vanilla to any glaze!
How to Make a Dessert Pizza
This cinnamon roll dessert pizza is so simple and easy that it will definitely be a go-to dessert at your house! Not to mention that you can even buy pre-made pizza dough to make it that much easier!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 inch pizza sheet lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll: Roll the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle and place it on top of the pizza pan. If you want the dough to be thinner then divide it in half and use the other half for pizza. Once it is in the pizza pan then let it rest for 10 minutes.
To Make the Spread
- Mix and Bake: In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Spread thinly on top of the pizza crust. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
To Make the Glaze
- Drizzle: Beat together butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and vanilla until combined. If it is thick then put it in the microwave to soften it up. Drizzle on top of the pizza.
Can I Use Refrigerated Pizza Dough?
Yes! If you don’t have time to make dough from scratch for this cinnamon dessert pizza then you can use a can of refrigerated pizza dough! This makes things so simple. All you have to do is roll it out and then add on the toppings and bake!
How to Store Leftovers
This cinnamon roll dessert pizza makes delicious leftovers!! All you have to do is once your dessert pizza has cooled, cover it with some foil or place it in an airtight container. Put it in your fridge, and it will last 3-4 days. You can reheat it in the microwave, or you can eat it cold! Either is delicious!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 inch pizza sheet lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
Roll the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle and place it on top of the pizza pan. If you want the dough to be thinner, divide it in half and use the other half for pizza. Once it is in the pizza pan, let it rest for 10 minutes.
To Make the Spread
In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Spread thinly on top of the pizza crust. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
Updated on October 17, 2022
Calories415kcal (21%)Carbohydrates52g (17%)Protein5g (10%)Fat21g (32%)Saturated Fat13g (65%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat5gTrans Fat1gCholesterol53mg (18%)Sodium472mg (20%)Potassium55mg (2%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar28g (31%)Vitamin A627IU (13%)Vitamin C0.03mgCalcium34mg (3%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Leave a Reply